Saturday, January 8, 2011

Do You Judge?

I was suprised and interested to receive an email newsletter called "Mamapedia Daily". As the email indicates, I get them on a daily basis and sometimes skim them for interesting information. In it today, I found an article on judging other moms/parenting styles.

So come on, tell the truth - do you judge other moms?

I don't judge people who vaccinate or don't. I think it is just one of those decisions that as a child's parent, you are able to make. I know some friends of mine who chose to delay vaccinations or not get them at all because of some medical problems/issues. I know others who sit on the fence. I know people who don't give their children flu shots, and mine get them every year since Gracie was a year old. I even started getting them last year. So for me, vaccinations are kind of a "to each his own" topic. Some like them, some don't. And we all have our reasons, I'm sure!

I know before I became a parent myself it was really easy to get annoyed by that baby that was screaming two aisles over in the grocery store and would not quiet down. Now my son, too excited to show off his walking skills and sit in the buggy, is the one crying/whining because he doesn't get his way.

Oh, and I am that mom, who lets the same toddler stand up in the back of the buggy. It makes him happy. Don't judge me.

And trust me, I became alot more sympathetic to moms with the same issues! Now I just kind of pass them while I'm shopping, kid screaming in their buggy, and we exchange that knowing smile.

As I've told my sister, Jessica, who recently became a parent: "Welcome to Mommy World!"

No comments:

Post a Comment