Thursday, March 17, 2011

Long Distance Relationships


(Friendly disclaimer: Tina wasn't aware that I was taking Skype snapshots until after she started making silly faces to the kids. She can't be held responsible for the photos you are about to see. Love you, Tina! Hee hee.)

So I knew that the start of this year was going to be a hard one for my little family. With Mawmaw still away, working overseas in Oman, we were then bombarded with more news: Kayla and Tina had taken jobs in Qatar. They left at the end of February. It has been a trying few weeks. Especially when at random times I would pick up the phone to call or text them only to remind myself that they were gone.

And apparently Jessica and John-Nathan (Tina's boyfriend) have caught themselves doing the same thing.

My mom has been after me to get Skype since she went to work overseas. And I just didn't do it, mainly because it was too confusing for me and the time difference makes it very hard to find a good time to video chat.

But let me tell you that in the last two weeks, Skype has become a Godsend for us. Gracie (who is having a hard time with Tina being gone) has really enjoyed being able to Skype first with Mawmaw last week, and then we talked to Kayla Tuesday morning and then Tina later that same day.

We are in desperate need of new speakers, but even James got into the Skype spirit and was blowing kisses and waving to Aunt Kayla - who was having trouble with her audio and wasn't able to hear us.

We are looking forward to more Skype video chats with our family in the future!
And now for more photos of Skype with Tina!






MAWMAW, KAYLA AND TINA - IF YOU ARE READING THIS: WE LOVE AND MISS ALL OF YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment