Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!


Back row: Me, Jessica
Middle row: Tina, Pork Chop, Mom, Princess, Kayla


So I can tell you that I have the world's best mom. Only my sisters would say they think they have the world's best mom. Either way, the fact of the matter is she was my mom first. And that's what counts, right??

My mom was the first person to teach me that the color of someone's skin was not important. It was who they were on the inside that counted. My mother was the first person to teach me that having a broken heart hurts, and she cried with me that night that my first "true" love broke my heart. After having my own children, I understand the phrase "when your children hurt, you hurt."

She was there to share the joy of the Princess' birth we me, holding my hand through it all. And she helped me through the first few months of the Princess' life, when I was terrified that I had absolutely no clue what I was doing.

She wasn't there (physically) when Pork Chop was born, but was the first to tell me after seeing his photo: "OH MY GOSH, HE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU!!"

My mom is one of the funniest people I know. You can't watch a scary movie with her, because her scream of terror is enough to freak you out; even if the movie itself is not that scary. My mom snores so loud she sounds like she's going to suck the whole world in through just her mouth. And there is not one single thing on this earth that you could not talk to her about. She could not cook if her life depended on it, and we give her loads of grief about that.

Still I can say, without a doubt, that of all the mother's in the world God could pick from: he gave me the best one.

Mom, I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment