Monday, April 11, 2011

Cry Out to Jesus


I had this whole mess of stuff on my mind today.
Stuff that I wanted to blog openly and honestly about.

And then I found out that someone that I knew had been killed in a car accident on Saturday.
Accidents happen all the time. I have been in a few, my sisters have also been in some. And I just realized today that in my 34 years of life, this is only the third person I know of who was killed by a car accident.

Jamie Duncan was 28 years old when she passed away on Saturday. We worked together when I worked at Winn-Dixie in Montgomery. We haven't seen each other since she quit working there, but we were good friends while we worked together.

Jamie got an autograph from Ludacris for me when he came into the store to send two Western Unions. I had absolutely no idea who he was then, but I am willing to bet that the photo of him with Jamie, and the autograph she got me, are tucked into the back of one of my photo albums.

Jamie left behind a son who was sent to Birmingham and on a breathing machine. I heard that they took him off the breathing machine and he seems to be doing better.

So while my mind was full of a million things I wanted to tell you about, it can wait. Please pray for Jamie's family during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment