Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes!

So a little over a week ago, I made a trip to Wal-mart with the kids. The kind where we went early enough to spend about 45 minutes wandering the store just "window shopping" and picking up things we needed.

Once I had gathered what I'd come for (juice for James, lunch needs for Gracie) we decided to head toward the check out line. Gracie was wonderful in demanding that "I can do it!" when it came to unloading the groceries onto the conveyor belt.

I opened my wallet to reach for my debit card and - uh oh.

You know that feeling of dread you get when you realize your debit card isn't where it was supposed to be and you're not a hundred percent certain you know exactly where it is?

Fast forward to ten minutes later when I get home, locate the debit card, and get back in the car.

My princess, from the backseat demands to know what took so long. I explained that I didn't know where the debit card was. To which she quickly replied, "You know where it should be? IN YOUR PURSE!"

Ouch.

A few hours later, while having a phone conversation with Amy Wade, she is venting to me that she is so annoyed about something that she is going to "throw her phone out the window!" (You should know, she was driving home from her parents' house at the time).

She continues talking to me, only to be interrupted by her little man, Jackson, who sternly informs her that "You are not gonna throw your phone out the window!"

Parents. Will we ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment